What is your mother tongue? Are you a native speaker?

Mother tongue! What's that?

Hi, this is Adam from Alpha F. Consulting and in this topic we will talk about "What is your mother tongue?", and I mean your mother tongue and my mother tongue.

There is a big debate about this, and people are asking, what is exactly considered a "Mother Tongue"?

Here is the shocking truth about what is considered a mother tongue. According to psychology: "Our mother tongue is the language we use to think, dream and feel emotion", sounds good?

So, it does not need too much efforts to have English language as your mother tongue, even if your country does not speak the language. Not only that, but also even if you have a really bad accent when you speak English, as long you are using this language to think, dream and feel emotions.

But you know what the problem is? When people pretend that they have perfect English, but the truth is, they are nothing but a pain in you head.

Stop using the word "SHOCKS". - You don't look cute by the way! Besides it is super annoying.

Anyway! It is totally fine if you have an accent if it is not your native language, there is no need to pretend, I mean we can not be all native speakers.

Am I a native English speaker? No
Does English is my mother tongue? Yes - According to Psychology

What do you need to do so your English will sound better? Okay, now we're talking!

  1. Avoid the phrases that will show the defects in your accent. Meaning, do not put too much efforts in using so many words to show off, because it sounds terrible.
  2. Take Phonetics course by someone native
  3. Rearrange your sentence so that you will sound more clear to the person you are talking to (The person you are giving a headache basically).
  4. Practice makes perfect
  5. Open your mouth when you are speaking
  6. Drink water
  7. Work out - What is the connection? No connection! But it is good for your health though


I do not want to hear someone saying for example: "How the things are going for you?", It is too long and so damn heavy, c'mon guys! There is so many ways to say what you want like, instead try to use "Howzit goin/ How is it going" sounds nicer and smoother, in other words, make it simple.

Avoid using the word "Okay", and use "Alright" instead; because "Okay" does not sounds Okay at all, it is actually sounds more like Okkhhay, I mean, for real?

Shocks! I am kidding, Just try to simplify the sentence, and master the language.

I hope you got my point guys, and if you follow these tips, you will gain more confidence and more comfortable with the language.

Like I said, I am not a native speaker, but I was able to find my way around. You too find your way around like I did, you will see the change.

Languages is suppose to make our life easier when we communicate with other people, specially those from different background and culture, don't make it hard, make it seamless.


This is Adam from Alpha F. Consulting. Boom panes talaga!
  
If you like this post please LIKE and SHARE

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adhammfarah
My website: https://www.adhamfarah.com



No comments:

Post a Comment